News and notes from around the interweb:
- At what point does Vegas just start to rub you the wrong way? And when does the hassle and sense of being fleeced get you to stop going?
— Vital Vegas (@VitalVegas) January 28, 2024
- Many hotels now have mobile check-in so you can skip the desk. But if going to the desk isn’t even needed, why does going to the desk to check in take so long?
Sometimes you want to chat up the front desk clerk for an upgrade, or learn about the hotel’s elite breakfast benefits. Or maybe you want two room keys, which isn’t always smooth using their mobile app. But once you get to the front of the line it takes seemingly forever…
Why does it take so long to check into a hotel it’s like every time is the first time they’ve had a guest
— Rohin Dhar (@rohindhar) January 26, 2024
Kiosks take too long, too, by the way. Twenty years ago I won a contest to name the Sheraton SpeedCheck. Those machines still haven’t gotten much better.
- Wellington, New Zealand’s airport has penguin-proofed its perimeter.
- Air Côte d’Ivoire plans to fly to New York, Brussels, Washington, Beirut, and London by 2027 Seems questionable.
- Readers think this is me, but it’s not.
- Marriott Marriott and MGM have a new partnership that’s largely disappointing, but here’s a gift that went out to Marriott